AR goes to Africa

Just arrived to Tanzania to volunteer at Friends of Tanzania working with kids diagnosed with HIV. Miss you all already...but have Curious George and Winnie the Pooh to keep me company. What? I'm 31, what's your point?:)

Saturday, July 29, 2006

hi all, greetings from amsterdam! even better, with my wife rumin! hanging out in a cofee shop now trying not to fall asleep after the yummy indonesian food. so good! all about choices and variety, love it!

things ended nicely in paris thanks to my generous host, jenny (old roomie from boston) and her finance fabien. last couple of days went to my favorite museum in the world, musee d'orsay. we kept taking breaks and have gotten into the habit of 2nd lunch, as well as cocktail hour. oh, life is oh so hard! why me?:) hate me yet?:)

we went to giverny to monet's house and saw his beautiful gardens with lilly pond. amazing to be in the same place that inspired so many of my favorite works of art. i can stare at it forever, it just makes me happy.

not so happy things include feet are crazy swollen, walking around like crazy looking for chocolate bar that is closed for summer holidays, and waking up early for train trip. c'est la vie. got lots of pix that i'll try to post soon.

love to all,
ar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home